Tuesday 17 January 2012

Faux Fur Vest: Casual and Night Out

So over the break I had a sudden huge lust for a faux fur vest! I'd been wanting one for a while, but I finally bit the bullet and found the perfect one by BB Dakota (I love that brand!) that was in my price range but still looked pretty luxurious. As you probably already know, they've been a big trend for the past couple fall/winter seasons, and it's easy to see why! Though they may seem like a scary trend to try at first, they're fairly easy to throw on with anything for instant glam! And they're so warm! But I definitely got some eyebrows raised at first from my family members who didn't expect to see me in something so different (and yes, I also got the "which cat did you skin?" jokes too). On the flip side, I also got a bunch of compliments!

The first look was a night out look with some friends. It was cold out that night, and I would have needed some form of a cover up. But since I hate coat-checking, the fur vest was a great option because it kept me warm while outside, but cool enough while inside that I never had to take it off!
 Fur vest: BB Dakota, Dress: American Apparel, Tights: Anna Sui, Booties: Spring Shoes

Since we stayed overnight at a hotel that night we went out, I wanted to pack light. Again, the fur vest came in handy because it kept me warm the next day too since I was able to use it for my casual outfit. Again, I kept the outfit simple and let the vest do the most of the shining, but I added the rusty orange pashmina scarf for some colour pop.
Vest: BB Dakota, long sleeve shirt: Zoe D., Jeggings: Hue, pashmina scarf

2 comments: