Thursday 2 August 2012

Maxi-mizing My Vacation (Part 1)

Last week I went with my family to visit Rome (as well as Pompeii, Naples, and Capri), Italy. It was a lot of fun, and of course fun to pack for! I think I had my outfits planned out months in advance! A number of the attractions we had planned to visit in Rome posed a couple of style concerns however, making this a bit of an atypical vacation for us. Since we would be visiting many churches, we needed to be dressed modestly (no knees or shoulders showing). Luckily, maxi dresses are having their moment right now! And luckily for me, they're my favourite trend of the moment!

Here's how I maxi-mized my trip!


 It was raining the day I wore this, and since the dress was really long, I didn't want it to drag along the ground and get wet/dirty. So, I improvised and tied the sides to shorten it and give it an asymmetrical hemline!


First Outfit: Old Navy Dress, Jeanne Lottie bag, Birkenstocks (Madrid style)
Second Outfit: Old Navy blouse, Tilley skirt, F21 denim jacket, Costa Blanca belt, Toms

No comments:

Post a Comment