Sunday 18 December 2011

Winter Nail Art!

I love nail polish, and when I say "love", I mean LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. My collection is definitely not as big as Temptalia's or even Juicystar07's, but my friends' jaws drop when I bring out my nail polish case that weighs a good couple pounds. I should show you all sometime! Nail polish for me is always a little pick me up because it's fairly inexpensive and there's never-ending variety. I don't know if you've heard of the "lipstick effect" but it's an economic theory of women's buying trends that says when the economy is not doing as well, lipstick sales rise because they're a fairly inexpensive item a girl can easily use as a "pick me up". Pretty much the case with me and nail polish.


Case in point: over the past couple days I bought a total of 8 polishes to add to my collection...Most of them are glittery, but all are beautiful! I got them from Phoenix Beauty Lounge, where they have an amazing selection, and there was a deal, too! The first were 3 polishes (any brand) with 15% off, and then when I went back, I got 5 polishes for 20% off. Ahhh---mazing! And the store owner is super nice and helpful! Definitely check the store out if you can at Pacific Mall in Toronto, or you can shop online at phoenixbeautylounge.com. I haven't had a chance to try all of these out yet, but I can't wait to!

My haul from left to right: Essie Trophy Wife, Essie Pure Pearlfection, Essie Gold as it Gets, Essie Shine of the Times, China Glaze Snowglobe, China Glaze Fairy Dust, China Glaze CG in the City, OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You?


Anyway...I love nail polish, and I love nail art just as much! I had a number of winter designs I wanted to try, but since I only have two sets of nails, I decided to try some out of my friends! Christmas is right around the corner, so you still have a chance to try out some of these easy, pretty nail designs!
 On my toes: Sally Hansen HD Blue and OPI Give Me the Moon (mixed together) with Sephora by OPI Sparkle Me Silver on the tips.
 OPI All A-Bordeaux the Sleigh with Sephora by OPI Only Gold for Me on the tips.

You can tell one of my favourite easy nail design combinations is having glittery tips, like a French manicure. It's a really easy look that's elegant and fun at the same time, and can be done with almost any colour combination.



 On my friend: OPI Jade is the New Black, a red OPI (forget the name, sorry!), with Nail Art Deco in silver glitter, striped across.

 On my friend: China Glaze For Audrey, with snowflakes in OPI Alpine Snow, and silver glitter from Nail Art Deco.
 Again with the glittery tips! OPI Pearl of Wisdom on the nail base, China Glaze CG in the City on the tips.

 OPI All A-Bordeaux the Sleigh as the base, Essie Shine of the Times as a top coat. Above picture is with flash, below is in natural light.

Whew! That was kind of a long post, but hope you enjoyed it!

Stay lovely! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment